Barrow Town Youth Football
There are 23 teams of juniors:
The Academy of under 6s and Under 7s meet on Saturdays at 10.30 on Beacon Field. FA coaches and volunteers introduce and develop a love of the game and basic skills.
- Under 8s also play genuinely friendly games like the u7 whose wins and losses are not reported.
- Under 9s play on small pitches and small goals and have their own friendly league tables
- Under 10s play on small pitches and small goals and have their own friendly league tables
- From u10s onwards a referee has to be paid for and sessions are therefore more
- Under 11s, Under 12s and Under 13s play matches with 9 x 9 players.
14s 15s, 16s play on a full size pitch with a full complement of players
- Under 17s, and 18s have a second focus of hopefully taking up positions as reserves and even the First team for Barrow Town Football Club.
Training includes evening and some gym or winter '3G' sessions.
- Official Barrow Town Football Website
Follow The Riversiders on the net!